It has been quite a while since I have posted regularly with a content rich post. Now I am not really one to make excuses, but I have been very preoccupied lately. What have I been up to you might ask? Prepping for graduation! It's just over a month away! Yikes!
Here is a list of all that I have been up to in March....
1. Professional portfolio - Seriously the most labor intense thing I have ever created! However, I am absolutely in love with how it turned out and hope it will be put to good use soon!
2. Resume writing - I did not realize how often these things have to get updated! It seems mine needs an over haul every month. I just finished updating it this weekend and in just a couple of weeks it will need to be updated again when I start another job.
3. Cover letters and more cover letters - I have spent so much time researching school philosophies and mission statements this past month that I could probably quote them in my sleep!
4. SchoolSpring - No one tells you how much data entry goes in to each little section of SchoolSpring. Nothing can be uploaded as a PDF and be good to go. You have to type in every little detail of every section. SchoolSpring has taken over my life!
5. Interview prep - I have been attending interview practice sessions for the upcoming job fairs that I will be attending in neighboring states. I have been taking each answer and writing out what I would say so that I can be more prepared and less caught off guard during interviews.
6. Subbing - In between all the above, I have been subbing a lot! Today is the one day that I have had off in a long time! Subbing in multiple districts is fantastic experience but definitely keeps me very busy!
7. Graduation prep - Cap and gown, financial aid, transcripts, mandatory meetings, and the list could go on forever! Who knew there was so much crammed into the last couple months of college!
8. Certification/Testing - I have been trying to branch out and get certified in multiple states to increase my odds of getting a job for next year. Along with certification comes additional, very expensive, testing. Not my idea of fun if you ask me!
So as you can see I have definitely been very busy in March. Hopefully April will slow down but I anticipate it will be busier than ever before!
3 days late, but I am finally getting around to linking up with Farley. She keeps me realizing just how fast this year is going by! We are already over a quarter finished with the new year! Can we just press on the brakes a little bit? No? I didn't think so!
Here's how my April is playing out...
Listening: When working, I love to listen to singing competition shows. They don't require my full attention on screen but still provide enough entertainment to get me through my work load. I don't know what it is this year but I don't really care for anyone in particular on Idol this year. No one really stands out as that amazing singer or great personality for me this year. Anyone else feel this way?
Loving: Done, done, done! I could sing it on a mountain top! I am finally finished with my portfolio! It only took four years in the making! I have already heard to stories of putting in all the hard work and no one even wanting to look at it during interviews but I refuse to let that happen!
Thinking: Seriously I have been awake for nearly an entire length of a school day and am still lounging in my pajamas and watching TV. This is why days off are pointless for me! I am so unproductive when clearly there are a million things I could be doing today!
Wanting: I just live for the weekends now! Combine subbing, coursework, and job searching and I am exhausted! Those weekend days are my sanity! Friday I wish you would just hurry up and get here!
Needing: I am going to some job fairs in the near future and need a suit jacket per request of my professor. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to find one on sale somewhere. Shopping for suit jackets just isn't nearly as much fun as shopping for fun springy patterns and colors!
Hours and Last Day: As a sub in multiple districts, the times and end dates vary greatly. It can range anywhere from 7:45 to 9:00 as a start time to 3:00 to 4:30 as an end time. Same goes with end dates, especially with all those snow days, but we are looking at mid to end June. I am so jealous of all you lucky teachers who get out the beginning of May! You actually get to enjoy springtime from outside your classroom walls!
Well I am off to make some lunch and maybe decide to be productive for the second half of my day. Happy April!