Image Map

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Currently 2015

Happy New Year! I am trying to start off small this year with regards to blogging. Hopefully I can manage to post once a week at first. I hope to gradually build this number up over time but slow and steady wins the race right? 

To kick off 2015 on the right foot, I am linking up with the one and only Farley for her Currently series.

http://ohboy3rdgrade.blogspot.com/


Listening: This break I have been addicted to HGTV. You know you are getting old when you graduate college and become immediately obsessed with all things home and garden.

Loving: This vacation I actually went to the library and checked out books for me! I was able to read two novels and it was just so relaxing! I forgot how much I love reading! I need to make this more of a priority in 2015!

Thinking: I am so not ready for my alarm to kick back in on Monday morning. I have been loving waking up whenever I feel like it and having lazy pj days. I am sure my body will be in for a rude awakening on Monday morning!

Wanting: At 3:30 I just walked out the door on the last day of school with everything Christmasy still in place. I am not so sure that was the smart decision now that I will have twice as much prep work when I walk in the building on Monday. If only we had a prep day before those kiddos came back!

Needing: After printing 300 pages and laminating 200 of them, I wish I had a personal assistant...or 3. 1 to place the pages in the lamination film, 1 to feed the laminating into the machine, and 1 to cut the laminating out. A girl can dream right?

Yes, Maybe, I Wish: This year I am going to try and cut back on technology. I know my eyesight is getting worse and I was having headaches from too much screen time. I need to cut back especially before bed! I am hoping to change things up and stay more organized. I start out really strong with all the ideas in place but then casually over time piles just start building up and papers get all mixed together until I forget why I bothered in the first place. For my wish, I really am hoping to go to Vegas this year. If not, it will be my 4th year of blog stalking the event and I don't think I can really handle it! Now that I have a job, I am hoping some of my colleagues might be interested in attending as well! It seems like the best PD you could ask for! 

Hopefully I will be able to blog about our week back to school if all goes well and I do not fall asleep at 4pm every afternoon! If you don't catch me on here, you can most certainly find me on IG and harass me to get posting!

5 comments:

  1. I can relate to your post! I also need a personal assistant and I want a clean classroom. I have actually wanted a clean classroom for the last 20 years. The only time it is ever clean is in the summer when everything is packed away for the custodians to clean it! I also would love to attend the conference in Vegas! I hope you get to go!

    Good luck and have a wonderful year!

    Cindy
    mrspriceskindergators.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I had a bittersweet day after our students left. We had to choose a work day of either Saturday or the Monday before Christmas. I chose to go in and work on Saturday, so that I had a full two weeks of break. However, I feel like I didn't really take a break, because I did work from home on getting ready with resources for the entire month of January!

    It sounds like you will have a great year! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought myself a kindle for Christmas and I love being a reader! Definitely making time to read for pleasure more this year. I didn't prep for coming back so that's what I'm trying to finish up this weekend.

    Brandi
    Swinging for Success

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use an assistant too! The laminating and cutting seem to be never ending for me. I also walked out for Christmas break and left my room in shambles. Thankfully we don't go back until Thursday, so I will head to my room Wednesday for damage control and a reorganization session to be ready for the new year. I went to Vegas last year for I Teach K and it was by far the best PD I have ever been to. I am going back this year, hopefully you will be able to as well.

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! Love how you also said you need a personal assistant. If only I could afford one... I think I'd do it. She/he would grade all my papers, input everything on my gradebook, organize my stacks of paper....I mean the list is endless!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover