Image Map

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Currently January and a Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! Happy 2014! Did you stay awake til Midnight? I can't seem to get tired until 1am anymore so I was surely awake. It is a slight problem seeing as I have to be up in the wee hours of the morning for school tomorrow. If you have another week of vacation don't remind me how lucky you are! 

Today I am linking up with the ever fabulous Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade for the monthly Currently linky party. If you have never linked up, you better head on over. It's the best party in town!



Listening: My favorite part of vacation is watching The Price is Right. I grew up watching this show with my grandma and it brings back so many good memories. I learned I truly have no number sense when it comes to guessing prices however!

Loving: Oh my goodness! Where has Netflix been all my life! Best part: no commercials! This is life changing! If you haven't watched Scandal, go watch it on Netflix. You won't be sorry! Just be sure you have lots of spare time because you won't be able to stop watching!

Thinking: We had Chinese food last night for New Year's Eve and those leftovers are calling my name! Surely a eating healthy resolution can't start today because all that delicious food can't go to waste!

Wanting: There is a huge storm heading to the East Coast. Is it too much to ask for a snow day or two? Who decided it was a good idea to go back on Thursday anyway? Not me that's for sure! I just want to stay in my PJ's and drink hot cocoa watching the snow fall! What are some snow day rituals? Share in the comments below!

Needing: My room is kind of a hot mess. I have this shopping problem and then the bags just keep piling up no matter how fast I put them away. My closet is literally overflowing. I am going on strike on 2014. That just means no shopping because clearly I have no willpower against the Dollar Spot!

Memory: I absolutely loved using the elf on the shelf in the classroom this year. The kids were memorized with the elf! Seeing their eyes open wide every morning was truly a magical experience. If you didn't try the elf on the shelf this year, see if you can find it on clearance and save for next year. Your kids will thank you for it!

If you missed my freebie from earlier this week, click the picture to download it. 

http://thepolishedteacher.blogspot.com/2013/12/freebie-inching-my-way-into-new-year.html

You can hopefully use it when you get back to school to document those resolutions.

Well, I am off to eat some leftovers, watch some Netflix, and pray for a snow day! Have a wonderful day! If you go back tomorrow, I feel your pain!

5 comments:

  1. Aww, I love the elf on the shelf...that is a great memory every year in the classroom. Blessings to you in 2014!
    xoxo,
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a snow day the day before vacation. I have several projects we need to complete when we get back.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first year doing Elf on the Shelf and it will definitely be a tradition to continue! Keeping my fingers crossed for a snow day!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving Netflix too! I got the free trial around Thanksgiving and it's been great to have while I've been home for vacation. I love Scandal too! Feb 27th seems like forever until there's a new episode!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Follow me on Facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have to start back already! Obviously it wasn't a teacher who made that decision!
    Cassie
    Create-abilities

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover