Image Map

Friday, December 28, 2012

After Christmas Shopping Roundup

Did you all hit up the stores for the Christmas clearance sales? Based on the fact that you are a teacher, I bet you did! I'm sharing some great deals that I found as well as what I'm planning on using them for. Hopefully you find some new ideas! If you are inspired, head on over to see if you can snag these great deals at your local store!

Here are some picture collages of stuff that I bought along with where I bought them and the prices:

Randall Reindeer Pack
Christmas Tree Shop
$2.99
I found this gem while scouring through $1.24 holiday DVD's. It was on the top shelf with the side showing and I assumed it was just a regular storage box. Well boy was I surprised when I pulled out this amazing set! I had just saw this book at Five Below right before I went to Christmas Tree for $5 but the cover was all crinkled so I passed. Lucky for me that I did! This set comes boxed with a Randall Reindeer plushie, the hardcover book, and a little booklet of Randall Report notes. I plan on using this adorable set next year for a read aloud along with a writing activity where the children can fill out the reports.

Placemats
Christmas Tree Shop
$.64 each
I was originally looking for Christmas placemats for the house next year but couldn't find any good ones with five of the same design left. Then it hit me to buy the individual ones for the classroom. They will be great to use as math mats! I plan on using the elf one for greater than, less than, and an even/odd sort with one category per leg. The penguin one is perfect for addition/subtraction problems or sorting. The gingerbread house one I don't have an idea off the top of my head but I'm sure I will think of one soon!

Christmas Books
Barnes and Noble
Varying prices $4-9
Titles:
Pete the Cat Saves Christmas
The Gingerbread Pirates
How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas
The Dinosaurs' Night Before Christmas (with CD included)
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
The Night Before Christmas
Santa Is Coming To New England
Fancy Nancy Splendiferous Christmas
Merry Christmas Splat
A Bad Kitty Christmas
I hope you all took my advice from Halloween and headed over to your nearest Barnes and Noble and picked up these great books for 50% off. They are all hardcover holiday books that are perfect for my growing collection. Most of the books I have been snagging are used books for the children to look through. These are going to be my special read aloud books. I am all stocked up for next year!

Reading Buddies
Barnes and Noble
Varying Prices $4-8
When I was stocking up on books, they had the most adorable stuffed animals too. I can't say no to a cute stuffed animal. They are my weakness! The Santa Couple and Gingerbread Girl stole my heart. They are too precious! So I bought five of those too. These will be great for reading time in the classroom or for retelling the story with props.

Teaching Clothes
Old Navy
$4.98-10
I didn't take any pictures of the clothes, but I splurged and bought a bunch of stuff at Old Navy. They were having up to 75% off in stores. I had to wait a half hour in line but it was worth every second spent there! My best steal was three $20 cardigans for $4.98 each! I got a $35 sweater for $10 and three long sleeved shirts for $7. I am all stocked up until Spring!

I hope you all grabbed some great deals too! I'd love to hear them in the comments section below!


4 comments:

  1. I love those reading buddies. What a great find! I also went to Old Navy today and found my favorite cardigans on sale for $4.95. I was so excited! It's the little things that make us teachers happy! :)
    Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are a super shopper! My husband is going to kill me when he gets home from work and I tell him we are going shopping because you have inspired me!! Thanks for sharing your deals!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  3. The day after Christmas is my favorite shopping day of the year!! I got a bunch of stuff for my home, but didn't think to get stuff for my classroom. I love the Reading Buddies!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. On the occassion of christmas everyone has planned to take the advantage of sale. After black friday deals, the e-commerce companies are back with christmas sale.
    After Christmas Best Deal

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover