This week was my first week of "Summer vacation" with no more school. However, I worked worked worked for my summer job so I am so thankful for the weekend! Here's a little recap of my week with Kacey and Amanda.
(Check out these photos and more on my instagram @thepolishedteacher)
1. I broke down and bought an Erin Condren Lesson Planner. The teacher appreciation sale did me in. I need to actually stay organized and keep on top of lesson planning this year and what better way to do so than with Erin Condren at my side? I am hoping the bright colorful pages and knowing I want to get every cent I spent out of it will make me use this planner for more than a week.
2. Books, books, and more books! I have a problem. Savers is my biggest weakness! My class mates joke that I need to go to Bookaholics Anonymous. But really, what teacher can pass up a book bargain? My favorite find of the day: looks brand new hardcover Elf on the Shelf for 55 cents! Perfect for my first year in the classroom during Christmas!
3. As clearly evident from my blog name, I love nail polish! When every store I went to this past week had nail polish sales, I couldn't refuse! BOGO, Buy 2 Get 1 free, and 75% off was too good to be true! Where else can you get nail polish for 49 cents? Now I am all stocked up for the next year!
4. I found this new free app this week and I love it! I have played the other icon pop games but this one takes the cake in my book! It's called IconSongPop. You listen to an acoustic version of a popular song and use the given letters to spell the song title or the song artist. It's fun for the whole family!
5. We finally had a Summer heat wave! The weather this year has been so strange! Just last week it was in the 40's and then jumped up into the 90's! While it was a nice taste of Summer, I am looking forward to the temperature going back into the 70's this coming week.
There you have it ladies and gentlemen. A week in the life of The Polished Teacher! Have a wonderful weekend! I'm going to try and get my craft on so I have something to share for Monday Made It!