Image Map

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dollar Tree Halloween

Fall is officially in full swing here. That means Halloween is right around the corner! I love holiday themed activities. And Halloween is so much fun! I couldn't resist picking up a few festive things when I went into the Dollar Tree the other day. Here is what I snagged:


1. A cauldron
2. A couple packs of foam pumpkin shapes
3. A pumpkin themed ice cube tray
4. Some Halloween erasers
5. A Halloween stamp set

The cauldron was a great find. I love making witches brew and now I have the perfect tool to do so. The children will love it! In addition, I can also use it to play rhyming games, math games, or writing activities. The possibilities are endless!


Then I bought these foam pumpkin shapes. I thought I would write some math facts on the back, or some sight words and the children could play memory games. I'm hoping they will still have some left on clearance for 50% off in the future and I can go back and buy a bunch more.


Then I found this. This ice cube tray was perfect for a tens frame! They had other themed ones such as bats and ghosts but they weren't tens frames. Still cute though! This pumpkin one will be a great hands on activity to use with some Halloween themed erasers that I picked up at the Target dollar spot.


I picked up these erasers not really sure what I would use them for but they were so cute I couldn't pass them up. I was thinking maybe to pick partners for an activity. Still figuring out what to do with them. If you have any ideas comment below! 


Finally, I got these foam stamps. I thought they would be perfect for a stamp-a-story activity. The children could stamp a picture and then write about what they created. I have a ton of other really nice wooden stamps that I picked up at A.C. Moore earlier this month that would also work well with these.

Some really great purchases don't you think? You should hurry in and grab some of these great items before they're gone! They already have Thanksgiving and Christmas set out at my Dollar Tree. Do they have it at yours too? However, I didn't see anything for either of those holidays that struck me yet. I'm hoping they get more stuff in after Halloween because I can't wait to stock up!

Do you all celebrate Halloween in your classroom? If so, what are some of your favorite Halloween activities?

Come back tomorrow for a fun fall Roll and Cover freebie!
Be sure to follow my blog so you never miss a freebie!
I'm working towards getting 100 followers so I can plan a very fun giveaway!
You won't want to miss out!

4 comments:

  1. I am so excited to see all of this great Dollar Tree Halloween stuff!!! I must head there soon! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely should! I would have bought the entire Halloween section but I had to contain myself haha. I know that I will head back before Halloween and buy lots more. It is all just so fun!

      Delete
  2. Wow - that's a lot of goodies! I am going to hit the Dollar Store this week now! I know my own kids would enjoy a lot of those activities too! I love the pumpkin ice cube tray as a ten frame idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm your newest follower :)


    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for following! I love your blog! Hope you find some good things this week!

      Delete

Pin It button on image hover