Image Map

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Leaf Man and Hurricane Sandy

This week we read the book Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert.
I just love this book! The children can really relate to Fall and love looking for all the objects and creatures in the pictures. After reading, we decided to make our own Leaf Men. It was so much fun! I gathered some of the best leaves off the ground and we got down to work. Here are some of our creations!
 (a puppy)
 (a leaf man)
(a leaf child)

This was such a great activity to let the children go and have fun creating. I loved how every one came out so unique and has such personality. The children did such a wonderful job with them! It was a highlight of the week for sure. 

It is so sad to think that after the next couple of days "fall" could be over. These hurricane winds are most likely going to blow all the beautiful fall leaves off the trees. So many of the leaves haven't even changed color yet. It is such a shame. 

Hopefully the hurricane won't do too much damage and everyone will be safe and sound. I am all set and braced for the weather. I am just hoping we don't lose power for 5 days like with Irene. With blogging, that would be no fun! I would have to take a day off school just to catch up on all the great posts! Keeping all my East coast friends in my prayers! Stay safe!

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover