Image Map

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Thanksgiving Holiday Picture Book Linky Party

Books, books, and more books! My house is slowly but surely filling up with books. Pretty soon I am going to have to build an addition just to store all my teaching stuff. It's a problem but a necessity obviously! 

Chrissy over at First Grade Found Me is hosing another fabulous picture book linky party for Thanksgiving! 
And Tammy from 1..2..3..Teach With Me is hosting her book of the month linky party.

Here are some of my favorite November/Thanksgiving books! It was so hard to narrow it down to even this many. I am a book-a-holic! Here are my top 10 books!

1. 10 Fat Turkey's
This is a hilarious book that your class is sure to love! It reinforces number sense too which is a plus! 

2. The Littlest Pilgrim
This is an adorably sweet story of friendship which children can relate to.

3. A Plump and Perky Turkey
A fun and humorous book with a great rhyming pattern! 

4. Thanks for Thanksgiving
A great book to talk about what you are thankful for.

5. The Night Before Thanksgiving
Another wonderful book in the The Night Before collection! 

6. Thanksgiving is for Giving Thanks
Another great book about giving thanks.

7. Thanksgiving Rules
A really cute book that pairs perfectly with a writing assignment on what is one of your Thanksgiving rules.

8. P is for Pilgrim
This book is geared toward an older audience but is great to use regardless. 

9.  I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie
An adorable Thanksgiving twist on There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly.

10. Fancy Nancy: Our Thanksgiving Banquet
Gotta love you some Fancy Nancy!

I hope you found some great books to use in your classroom in November for Thanksgiving! I can't wait until the next Linky! Thanks so much for hosting Chrissy and Tammy!

6 comments:

  1. Those are such great choices! They sound perfect. How will I ever decide which to buy... hmmmm...
    Thanks for linking up! I'm off to check out your giveaway. Have a great week!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are great 50% off holiday book sales at Barnes and Noble after the holidays which you can always check out for next year! I know that I frequent Savers and they always have holiday books there too!

      Delete
  2. I love Ten Fat Pumpkins! Such a cute book~ I'll have to check out some of the others you have listed!

    SO excited that you are going to link up with my Something New Sunday linky!

    Marie
    The Hands-On Teacher in First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally linked up today I was so excited to share!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking up Ash!!! LOVE your choices!! Looks like we both LOVE 10 Fat Turkeys..hehe!! Such a cute story!!

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me
    ”Dots” of Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to find you blog and thanks for the Linky party. Great books!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover